How Can I Tell It's Love?Tue, Oct 27th 1998
I became romantically involved with a man that I was working on a project with. We dated kind of seriously for awhile, but then let it cool of this last month because I was moving out of state. We never had a sexual relationship. Meanwhile, during our cool off month, I began going out with a friend of mine (that I've been attracted to for years) just as friends. I suspected he had feelings for me, and became romantically involved with him as well. This lasted for many weeks, and we ended up sleeping together before I left. I have not had contact with him since. He does not have my number, and I cannot afford to call him. I have feelings for both men, but in different ways. I'm returning home for Thanksgiving and will see both men, and try to sort out my feelings. How will I be able to tell if it's love or infatuation?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.