I Can't Let GoTue, Aug 25th 1998
About 6 months ago I left my husband of 8 years due to money problems. For the first 4 months I knew in my heart that he was the man for me...Then I met a new man who is kind and caring and gentle and treats me like gold. The problem is even though he and I have been together for 2 months, he is ready to propose to me. I'm not ready for that type of commitment. I am still very much in love with my ex. I often dream about what it would be like to be together again, and in my heart I wish it would happen. But I'm also very in love with the new man. As you can see I'm torn between a rock and a hard place. Could you help me please?! I'm losing a lot of sleep over this, and now my ex is starting to date again which is driving me nuts! Thank you very much!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.