(HealthDay News) -- Bullying can be physical, verbal or through virtual spaces including the internet and social media, says KidsHealth.
Regardless of the medium, bullying can make young people afraid, stressed, depressed and anxious.
KidsHealth advises what your child can do about bullying:
- Tell a trusted adult, such as a parent, teacher or coach.
- Ignore the bully and walk away.
- Do not get physical with a bully.
- Practice confidence.
- Talk to a guidance counselor.
- Avoid being alone when the bully is near.
- Surround yourself with friends that make you feel safer.
This article: Copyright © 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.