Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, events and/or nonprofit management work.
The Development and Events Coordinator provides project management and administrative support to the operations of the Gracepoint Foundation by supporting; fundraising activities, special events and projects, board of director and donor meetings, and both external and internal communications. Experience interacting with a wide variety of individuals, including but not limited to; board members, senior management, vendors, and volunteers. Experience with fundraising, volunteer management, financial management, communications (social and/or digital media), and special events is preferred. This position reports to and functions under the direction, instruction, and supervision of the Executive Director of the Foundation.
Salary Range - $35,000-$42,000
- Manage and support all Foundation major projects and initiatives, including; special events, fundraising campaigns, donor communications, and other major projects. Activities will include, but not be limited to, special event logistics, volunteer coordination, content creation (digital and social media), donor management and tracking.
- Provide project management assistance (clerical & administrative) in support of all Foundation related activities. Including telephone support, preparing communication and promotional pieces (direct mail, emails, and newsletters) accounting for spelling and grammar, and assisting in the creation of other communications and publications in the department.
- Maintain the Foundation’s computerized donor database system. Process donations/gifts, including the recording the data into the donor software and preparing donor recognition letters (using the donor software system and mail merge systems). Maintain prospective donor and donor contact reports/history, utilizing the donor software program.
- Assist in the management of department financial systems, by tracking expense and revenue details of specific special events, appeals, marketing activities, and general office expenses. Review (for accuracy) and prepare all invoices for approval and payment. Work collaboratively with the finance department and follow appropriate agency accounting procedures.
- Serve as the department’s “first point” of contact for telephone calls, volunteers, campus tours, and other inquiries. Maintain an awareness of Gracepoint programs and services, the Foundation and work collaboratively with other departments within the agency and community partners.
- Set up meetings as requested, including calling invitees when requested. Prepare necessary materials and correspondence as needed. Take and prepare board meeting minutes as requested.